iCrimp PEX Expansion Tool Kit, Sized 1/2,3/4,1-inch, Auto Rotation Expander Tool with Pex-A Tubing Installed for Uponor ProPEX, PowerPEX Expansion Ring
About this item
- Components: IWS-1960R PEX-a Expansion Tool Kit with 1/2 in., 3/4 in. and 1 in. expander heads, tool lubricant and a convenient carrying case.
- Purpose: Designed to make F1960 cold expansions. Solid, permanent, manufactured connections without the need for torches, glues, solder, flux or gauges can be expected by expanding Non-Barrier PEX Tubing and reinforcing ring to make a connection with an ASTM F1960 fitting.
- Features: Equipped with an Auto Rotation Adapter. Users can simply hold the tubing and tool in place while separating and closing the handles to expand the tubing. The Auto Rotation Adapter will automatically rotate to ensure the tubing is evenly expanded. Roration is not visible because it's triggered only when expansion head teeth is encircled with PEX-a tubing in real expansion situation and active handle is expanded to its full openning
- Secure Connection: Once the fitting is inserted into the expanded ring and pipe combination, the elastomeric properties of this PEX combination bring the expanded material back around the fitting to make a sealed, permanent and visually inspectable connection.
- Applications: Plumbing, fire safety, radiant heating and cooling systems. Ideal for residential, commercial and industrial projects.
PEX-A Expansion Tool Kit with 1/2 in., 3/4 in. and 1 in. Expander Heads
IWS-1960R Auto Rotation Expansion Tool
- Kit includes convenient custom-molded carrying case, tool, three expander heads and grease
- Expands type A PEX pipe for insertion of ASTM F1960 expansion-style fittings
- Includes everything needed to make 1/2 in. - 1 in. PEX-a connections
- Steel construction for superior reliability and strength
- Metal frame and gear mechanisms ensure the utmost durability
- Go/no-go gauges are never required
- Compatible with most cold expansion-style tools
F1960 cold-expansion fittings make solid, permanent, manufactured connections without the need for torches, glues, solder, flux or gauges. The unique shape memory of crosslinked polyethylene (PEX-a) tubing forms a tight seal around the fitting, creating a strong, reliable connection.
General Connection Tips
- If the fitting does not slide into the tubing all the way to the stop, immediately remove it from the tubing and expand the tubing one final time.
- To avoid over-expanding the tubing, do not hold the tubing in the expanded position.
- Experience, technique and weather conditions influence the actual number of expansions. Fewer expansions may be necessary under certain conditions. The correct number of expansions is the amount necessary for the tubing and the shoulder of the fitting to fit snugly together.